Maine Black Bear Outfitter Recommendation

CharlieNY

My adult son wants us to go on an archery black bear hunt this September in Maine. We plan on a 6 day hunt with an outfitter that will include everything including lodging, food, guide, etc. I am seeking recommendations from anyone who has actually gone on a hunt there and would go back to the outfitter. Any help would be appreciated. We unfortunately went on a deer hunt to Ohio last year with an outfitter which turned out to be a complete disappointment and don't want to make the same mistake. Thanks in advance for any help.

valoroutdoors.com

Edited by CharlieNY
Add

Maine bear hunting can be very tricky.They just don't have the big bears everyone wants to hunt.If you kill a 200+ bear your lucky most are between 100 & 150 lbs. i'd talk to the outfitter and if he tells you 300lbs is common move on.An honest outfitter will tell you the truth between 100 & 150 lbs with a few big one every now and then. I've hunted there seven times and never went or wanted to go back to any of the outfitters.IF your ok with  the size and go knowing what to expect there's plenty of them.A bunch of guys i shoot with go to oxbow every year not all of them score but they seem very happy with the outfitter.

http://www.oxbowlodge.com/maine_bear_hunting.php

just my honest opinion,Sorry my money would go to Canada