having fun with my masterbuilt smoker again

tommyc50

hey guys oh and ladies, went to bjs [im starting to hate them they never have anything and  have a dont care attitude e-mailed corporate a few times] I bought a small salmon filet  cause case in point thats all they had ,to smoke it came out very good and of course im learning so i look at anything i do as a success . The salmon like isaid came out good but next time i use a brine instead of a dry rub with salt and sugar and i need to watch the temp/ time use the probe .What happened i set the time as per a site i goggled .It said 200 deg @ 3 hrs internal temp of 140 degs . When i went to check it after 2 1/2 hrs the probe on the unit said 173 deg .I was afraid it would dry out but it was fine . Like i said it was ok but i wanted it more like lox or the cured salmon but next time it was ok for my first time

I'm surprised the internal temp was that high and 1/2 hour short of overall cooking time.

Try the cashews or almonds I think I post up before..  Quick sautee raw almonds or cashews in butter and dry rub of choice  Stirring as they'll burn quick if not. Make a tinfoil boat and punch some holes in it or use a metal colander and put on smoker for a couple of hours   Amazing stuff !

• 2 weeks later...

Tommy, are you going by the set temp only. Could be the grate temp was higher. Get a good dual probe therm like a maverick 732 or 733. They have a ambient temp probe that you can set on the grate to get a accurate temp reading.