Camper Repair

Moho81

Seeing that we are looking at buying a used camper there can be deals found for used campers that need a little work. Small roof repair, new flooring etc. I consider myself to be pretty handy around the house and do most of the remodeling myself. Has anyone done work on campers and if so what did you do and how hard was it? Just seeing if the savings is worth the work required to make the fix. 

I have a feeling it's a job by job type of situation. My parents recently bought a new one and the service is so horrible they had to go around the dealer and deal directly with Jayco . My dad has always done his own repairs and could do these ones as well but is afraid to do anything and risk the warranty , he had to explain to the service tech how to bypass the furnace so the AC would still work while the service guy took the furnace in to replace a circuit board. They had a motor home, then the 5th wheel and now this one ,there was never a problem that they encountered where he couldn' look at it and figure out a plan and execute , basically nothing was ever a major problem.