Small Harvest/ Attraction Plots

I have two or three small plots i am going to plant this fall and put stands near and was thinking of planting a Biologic Outfitters Blend mix in them to try this year. This blend has triticale, Winter peas, wheat and oats in it. Has anyone tried a mix like this before or this exact mix?  Down sides, advantages??

Depends on how small we are talking. You will be suprised how fast deer can clean a small kill plot out. I  made one last yr about 15 yrds wide by 30 yrds long and planted it up with rye, turnips and canola. Came up nice and thick and green. Week before bow we had a frost and before bow could get here they had it mowed down to dirt. This yr im just going to go with the rye and canola and try to make it a tad bigger .

With that mix i would not plant anything under at least 1/2 acre .. if you want to plant smaller than that go with a good clover alfalfa mix and you can add in turnip or winter pea. the clover and alfalfa will withstand a lot more grazing pressure and continue to draw when the pea/turnip are gone

You have to consider your deer population and other surrounding food sources. Just because someones plots were mowed down to the dirt, doesn't mean that yours will be. Give them a try this year and see what happens.

A couple of years ago, I was told not to even bother planting soybean plots less than 1/2 acre, as the deer would eat them down to the ground. I planted anyway and they were waist high by September! I had to look HARD to find any evidence of browse! I obviously had different circumstances than the other guy. (far less deer and nearby cropfields)

I agree with and have had the same experience as Cabin Fever....that being said ...I haven't used that mix but have planted winter and spring trictical and winter wheat...I personally think the deer preferred the trical more and was able to mow it and it kept growing...it's basically a form of grass that only wants to produce seed...and will try it's best to do so....you could also throw on some rape or turnips for the late fall hunting