Arrows, what are some good ones? Anyone buy new ones recently?

burmjohn

Easton Full metal jacket. I just started using them this year and they are heavy but turn out some very nice energy numbers at moderate speeds. They are flying great at the range and can't wait to try them in a few weeks. I wan't to put lighted knocks on but we will see. I am using G5 Montecs on them

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought a dozen Goldtip XT hunters. Last season i should Goldtip Expedition hunters so i paid the extra money this year to switch from .006 strightness to .003 straightness with the XTs. I shoot a 3 pointer lastyear at about 12 yards and about 10 yards of following the blood trail i found the half of my arrow with nock and the other half was still in the deer when i recovered him (40 yards later). I know some arrows may be stronger than others but, everyone has arrows break on them sooner or later.

Stick with arrows that work for you. We're going out to get ST Epics in black from Easton at 8 bucks a pop. Feather vanes for everyone, except me. I run the blazer vanes, because my whisker biscuit rips off one side of the feathers. Thinking about updating to lighted nocks. Are they worth the money?

my hubby thought just for giggles with used arrow, decided to shot spider on concrete wall. unaware the arrows had nocturnal nocs. not one noc turned off on impact with wall, and the gold tips faired rather well also. out of ten arrows only one broke, and all five nocs stayed lit til turned of. Wish i could say the same for the poor wolf spiders. lol

Easton Full metal jacket. I just started using them this year and they are heavy but turn out some very nice energy numbers at moderate speeds. They are flying great at the range and can't wait to try them in a few weeks. I wan't to put lighted knocks on but we will see. I am using G5 Montecs on them

You are going to love this shaft. I have the exact same setup with g5 and I have taken 6 deer with the exact same arrow and broadhead and its still my go to lucky arrow. I sharpen the broadheads after everytime I use them or any sign of them being dull. However when I bought the shafts a few years ago I was going to put a lighted knock on the hunting ones and the guy at the counter said they do not fit these arrows since they are a smaller diameter than most arrows. With the carbon shaft wrapped in aluminum they take, atleast when I got them a speacial insert and knock custom for that shaft. The 340 at 11.1 grains per inch have some punch and you will notice it just target shooting.

You are going to love this shaft. I have the exact same setup with g5 and I have taken 6 deer with the exact same arrow and broadhead and its still my go to lucky arrow. I sharpen the broadheads after everytime I use them or any sign of them being dull. However when I bought the shafts a few years ago I was going to put a lighted knock on the hunting ones and the guy at the counter said they do not fit these arrows since they are a smaller diameter than most arrows. With the carbon shaft wrapped in aluminum they take, atleast when I got them a speacial insert and knock custom for that shaft. The 340 at 11.1 grains per inch have some punch and you will notice it just target shooting.

There are other lighted nocks that fit them. Nockturnal and I think another company make them. If you get the Nockturnals, you need the Nocturnal-X.