My cocker and cackling roosters

Had another successful day afield in dismal weather. The dog did her job as she always dose and we came home with a bird apiece. Probably could have bagged another bird a piece but my dads knee was getting sore and the rain was getting harder. My cocker got on my bird hard in tall grass and headed it off on the run Turning it back towards me and running down forcing it to take flight when it became pinned about ten feet in front of me cackling with the best of them as the small bird dog leapt after him. After it was well clear of the cocker I Dropped it with one round from the sixteen on a quartering away shot. We finished working the field and moved to the next. Bailey flushed my dads bird for its first short flight out of a cut line in the field he missed with his first shot and the bird landed and ran into the thickets between the field and the swamps. The cocker didn’t show her 9 years of age as she charged in after it and flushed it cackling back out towards the field. His second round from the 12 gauge sportsman 48 dropped the rooster and the flushing wonder retrieved.ff210ac119c1b09b9b9b7cd2b039d37c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8