Use of xbow during regular archery - Medical reasons

Al Bundy

First off, if you are anti crossbow and this topic offends you and you want to hate on this... PLEASE DONT!   I don't want this to be a crossbow vs compound thread. We have plenty of those. If you want to say something negative about xbow, its a gun, it does not deserve a season, only pussy cant pull their bow, etc etc etc... please go find one of those threads and rehash your point.  Seriously...

I wonder if any bills have been sponsored and or shot down for use of xbow in all of archery for medical reasons.  There are a number of us out there with whatever medical that prevents use compound. Currently, there is a mechanical device auth form for medical issues where you can somehow rig some kind of device for a compound . I am not sure what exactly one may need to do or how it would work. Seems clunky to me and a far better option would be an xbow.

I spent some time this morning looking into this and found an existing law: https://govt.westlaw.com/nycrr/Document/I9a26e662212611e1b7120000845b8d3e?viewType=FullText&originationContext=documenttoc&transitionType=CategoryPageItem&contextData=(sc.Default)

I then decided to use this as a blueprint for xbow and rewrote it.  Its a start. Now its time to try and send to senator/assemblyman whatever to see if there is  snowballs chance in hell of getting this into law. Anyone know the best way to try and get this off the ground? Thanks for CONTRUCTIVE POSITIVE comments.

They are pretty stingy on giving them out.. main reason draw loc never caught on.. basically need to be missing a limb . 35 lbs is all that is required to draw. Most injuries would allow you to draw that weight . Or you would be on permanent disability and not working or driving 

Had the definition of disabled been much more relaxed the crossbow would of never even been a thought in nys. As draw loc would be readily accessible..  had same discussion years ago with will Elliott  ( outdoor writer) at a bear camp ... 

Edited by G-Man

• 2 weeks later...