Rob...

Short Tree Rat Hunt Today

Only had a couple hours but got out anyway. Pull into he parking area and the Ranger is sitting there. No big deal to me. Talked to him for about 1/2 an hour, good guy. Even gave me a few tips on some of the areas I hunt.

I didn't see any tree rats, and oddly enough the only bird was a woodpecker, but did see a ton of deer sign. Way to early to be stoked on that, but still always cool finding sign. I never stop scouting for deer.

I did shoot some video footage I have to upload and edit, then up load. Over all nice couple hours in the woods.

• Like 5

A friend took me and and my dogs to a place that sucked! But it's was nice out and dogs loved it. 

• Like 3

I just got back from a walk with the .22 looking for a rabbit.  But looks like better hunters than me just went thru. Fresh yote tracks.  They must be damn hungry cause see where they were eating a porcupine. 

Maybe next t trip out for yotes then and of course will see rabbits. 

• Like 1

I found a intact Squirrel Nest that must have been knocked out of a Tree with the High winds we just had here in Orange County. The owner must have been busy today building another Squirrel Nest.