The Gout

Lawdwaz

9 hours ago, Pygmy said:

As for duration, most of my gout attacks lasted well over a week...Only the last two, which were treated with prednisone,  were over in 3 or 4 days,  and  improvement occurred literally in a matter of hours...

Dan

WE all know that you are a more proficient hunter than me.  Do you really have to one up me publicly on the gout front too? 

In all seriousness Larry, I am really surprised that the doc did not prescribe some sort of anti-inflammatory even without test results.  I don't ever recall having tests done to confirm it was gout - the doc just knew!

• Like 1

I had severe Gout in my right index finger (trigger finger) and the right toe next to my big toe . My wife had me take a supplement called "Sting Nettles" . It helped tremendously .

Stinging nettle is a rubefacient and stimulant substance. This makes it extremely effective against different inflammatory conditions. This includes chronic muscle pain, arthritis, and more. Studies have shown that the tea or even herbal supplements can effectively reduce inflammation. So you can use it to ease muscle pain, treat gout, reduce arthritis symptoms, and more.

• Like 1