Just Lucky

Recommendations for a taxidermist

I do not have a taxidermist this year and am looking for a local recommendation. I hunt in chemung and steuben county.  Thanks

Al Strouse down on Rte. 49  between Lawrenceville and Elkland  has always done a good job for me...

He's also well organized as far as his work schedule goes..If you take him a head in November, he WILL have it done the next summer.. His phone # is 570-827-2955...

He has done whitetails, mulies, pronghorns and caribou for me and I have always been more than happy with his work...I HATE shoddy taxidermy...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Al Strouse down on Rte. 49  between Lawrenceville and Elkland  has always done a good job for me...

He's also well organized as far as his work schedule goes..If you take him a head in November, he WILL have it done the next summer.. His phone # is 570-827-2955...

He has done whitetails, mulies, pronghorns and caribou for me and I have always been more than happy with his work...I HATE shoddy taxidermy...

Thanks,  I will have to get ahold of him

There are quite a few taxidermists to chose from here in Steuben County. I happen be one of them but only try to take in 20-25 deer a season. Off the top of my head,  I can name at least 10 other guys within 30-40 minutes of Bath.  Some do really nice work, others not to much. It really pays to check out a few options before settling on "your guy".

"I'm not from New York. I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"

"It's not a passion. It's an obsession!!!" - Mossy Oak

1 hour ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

There are quite a few taxidermists to chose from here in Steuben County. I happen be one of them but only try to take in 20-25 deer a season. Off the top of my head,  I can name at least 10 other guys within 30-40 minutes of Bath.  Some do really nice work, others not to much. It really pays to check out a few options before settling on "your guy".

I agree 100 percent, there are good and bad taxidermist out there, just like everything else, that is why I want to look now so I can be prepared come deer season in case one is needed.

I would rather pay for a good quality job than settle for subpar work and save a few bucks.

I had my other taxidermist do 2 deer for me 8 and 6 years ago and am still pleased. 

It is a memory for me on the wall to enjoy for the rest of my life, and I do not want to regret who I choose that is why I starting to look now.

• Like 2