Simpsons

Eric J

8 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Have read about this in the news and read the lyrics, but have yet to find the video clip from this episode.

All fun and games until someone's feelings get hurt..... Hard to dispute the facts even if only mocked in a Simpson's parody.

Reality is the best comedy, unless you are the butt of it. I didn't hear one work in there that wasn't true and the visuals were mild compared to what many towns and villages in Upstate are like now.  

• Like 1

I'm a huge Simpsons fans. Not so much the last 10 seasons or so, but the classics are a part of my upbringing. That episode last night stung, but only because it's true. If comedy offends you, you're their target market. If anyone should take any issue with that episode and the last few seasons it's their political leanings. Even 20 years ago they tackled gun control and showed all sides relatively unbiased. Then it went to subtle left leanings to just outright biased agenda. Which is their right to do, but there was a time that we turned into adult cartoons to escape it all. Seems nothing is safe anymore. 

PS I would have loved to have seen a dig at our taxes mixed in with the song.