Anyone put their trailcam out yet?

sssurfertim

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy and I set my Moultrie cam out last night. Hope to have some pics by the weekend. Always worried that someone's gonna find the cam but it doesn't do any good sitting home in my bag. We picked up the Sawyer's spray( with Permethrin) from Archery Forum in Medford. 10 bucks for the 9 oz. can. Sprayed the crap out of our clothes, taped up the pants and tried not to disturb the trails in and out too much. Neither one of us could find a single tick on us. We don't think we picked up any chiggers either. It did a great job on the mosquitoes too. They began to buzz around as the sun went down but they never landed on us. The can says that the treatment will last thru 6 washings. With some luck I'll have some pics to post soon.

Edited by RichZ7

My brother bought it at dicks last week. We sprayed down the day before goign out to scout on the island and it did a great job at keeping the ticks off of us. Didnt do much for the chiggers though. Our pants were loaded with them. It seems like i can walk through the woods all day and not get them. Once i step into any sort of grass out there i am covered in them. Hopefully with the cooler weather they will start to die off before the season.

John

I guess some areas out east dont have as many as others becasue i sprayed down my clothes (Pants, Socks, Boots, Shirt, Hat) and had hundreds of them on me all being on my pants from the knee down. I know that spray works great for ticks but im not convinced it does anything for chiggers I also have a foot full of bites to prove it lol. Either way i will be spraying my clothes down on Friday night before the first so i can have some sort of protection.

John

I guess some areas out east dont have as many as others becasue i sprayed down my clothes (Pants, Socks, Boots, Shirt, Hat) and had hundreds of them on me all being on my pants from the knee down. I know that spray works great for ticks but im not convinced it does anything for chiggers I also have a foot full of bites to prove it lol. Either way i will be spraying my clothes down on Friday night before the first so i can have some sort of protection.

John

i carry the bottle on me when i go in also so when i look down and see them give em an extra spray. but when i just spray it on and not re apply when i see them on me i watch them and they always tend to either move around a min or drop off. i dont think you chiggers are any different then the ones i get on my pants lol. but try bringing the bottle in with you.

w

hat do you use the sawyer and durannon permetherine spray?

We use the Sawyers spray. I sprayed my clothes the night before and didnt bring it with me. I guess for scouting it would work to carry the spray with you and spray down as needed but i know for hunting that would be the worst thing you could do b/c before it dries that stuff smells like spray paint and i dont think you would have luck getting close to any deer with that kind of smell lol. We did actually have a bottle of off in the car which we did spray on the chiggers and it seemed to work but we had to do it every time we got back to the car b/c it didnt seem to last to long. Hopefully they will be gone soon!!!!!

John

We use the Sawyers spray. I sprayed my clothes the night before and didnt bring it with me. I guess for scouting it would work to carry the spray with you and spray down as needed but i know for hunting that would be the worst thing you could do b/c before it dries that stuff smells like spray paint and i dont think you would have luck getting close to any deer with that kind of smell lol. We did actually have a bottle of off in the car which we did spray on the chiggers and it seemed to work but we had to do it every time we got back to the car b/c it didnt seem to last to long. Hopefully they will be gone soon!!!!!

John

yeah no i wouldn't carry it during deer season lol