Wanted: Feathers

I need about a dozen feathers for a class. I am going to use them to make some primitive arrows. They can be turkey or goose or duck, but they need to be all from the same side of the bird, right or left (Supposedly affects the rotation of the arrow.) Happy to pay for shipping and handling. I think a small USPS flat rate box would be the ticket so that the feathers don't get crushed. Thanks.

• Like 1

Turkey wing feathers are the best I’ve heard   Just gave him my opening bird wings to Dinorocks.  He fletches with both sides. You only need few of primary.  Contact him again in regards.  Assuming he got you into primitive idea as well. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, turkeyfeathers said:

Turkey wing feathers are the best I’ve heard   Just gave him my opening bird wings to Dinorocks.  He fletches with both sides. You only need few of primary.  Contact him again in regards.  Assuming he got you into primitive idea as well. 

Dino's told me, and shown me, a lot about the process, but the impetus actually came from my wilderness survival class instructor. This year, in addition to making some basic primitive bows, he wants the class to make arrows, too. I don't think it will be anywhere close to the craftsmanship that Dino puts into his stuff. I will try to reach out to him for some feathers. Thanks.

• Like 2