Gander Mtn. Big Sale

BizCT

It doesn't surprise me they aren't doing well. I have only been in the Cicero store, but from the start it hasn't seemed like they knew what their market was. I understand the mark up on seasonal clothing is huge, thus a lot of profit, but they have a fraction of what the old gander had. The shoe department is greatly reduced and not shopper friendly...set up self serve. Anytime I had an interest in a firearm, I was amazed at the complete lack of knowledge of the sales people. They may be able to answer simple questions about the more common stocked firearms, but gheir general knowledge is horrible, and no one has ever been able to show me how to field strip ….even a colt .45/ variant.  (Before I buy, I will know how to and have done a field take down on each weapon I buy...also lets me get a better idea of the workmanship/design),

The handgun selection is really crappy. they seem to have a lot, but then you realize they just have a lot of the same models. I worked high customer service retail for many years, and their sales people just suck. No customer awareness or courtesy at all.