New bow advice

Birdhunter

I posted this on another site, but I wanted as much advise as possible.

[/size]I just inherited some cash and I wanted some advice on a couple of things.

[/size]As a reference, I currently shoot a Mathews Switchback XT set at 62 lbs.

[/size]First off, if money was no object, then what bow that you have shot would you recommend. Although I am a Mathews shooter now, I am open to suggestions. Second, I want to know if the features of these new bows (speed,silence, etc.) would be noticed at the low end of the draw weight for the bow. So I guess what I am asking is would I get the best performance by maxing out a 50-60 lb. bow or go on the low side of a 60-70?

Thanks for your input.

It wouldnt really matter what I would recommend, you need to be comfortable shooting it. I would advise you to go to a few shops with ranges and shoot as many different brands and models as you can. After you find one or two that you really like, go to Archerytalk.com and look in the classifieds section. Youll find a used one for a much better price than brand new. I just did that very thing and ended up with a Hoyt Maxxis for about half of retail.

I just purchased a new rig (pics to come),  my dilemma was finding a bow that could give me the best performance at 25inch draw length.

here is a tool to play with;

http://www.stickemarchery.com/stickemcart/archery-calculators.aspx

very accurate and can help give you a starting point as to which bows to try out. and then there is feel. the better it feels to you the better you will be as an archer. kinda vague but its the truth, I love bowtech bows, but if the D350 didn't feel as good as it did, I would have gotten a PSE bow madness. very smooth. 

good luck

Thanks for all of the input guys. Without a doubt, I have to go shoot some different ones and see which ones feel and fit me the best and then I can decide from there. I have a couple of bow shops in dutchess county with good reputations so I am going to visit them.

Don't get locked into a certain brand . There are a lot of excellent manufacturers out there . My youngest son was about to drop $1300 - 1400 on a loaded Bowtech but the shop owner was too busy to talk to me . As a staff member on another site I was offered a new Limbsaver Bow for $300 and grabbed it . Added a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest , a sight , kisser button and quiver . My son shot an 8 point with it last season .

I never would have thought of a Limbsaver Bow !

BTW, you may not find a bow that "feels" better than your SBXT. I'm still shooting mine for that exact reason. Its probably the smoothest bow Mathews has ever built!

It's funny how many people keep saying the same thing. I shot it this morning and shot it really well...I guess the grass isn't always greener...