Doe on trail cam help

oapiastos88

Good morning guys. So I went up to the top of public land where I have a couple trail cams right by a saddle of the mountain. The cams picked up only doe but a lot of them. The area seems to be heavily used by them but no buck. The cams where there from July to end September. So basically am asking is this still a good place to set up for the season? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, oapiastos88 said:

Good morning guys. So I went up to the top of public land where I have a couple trail cams right by a saddle of the mountain. The cams picked up only doe but a lot of them. The area seems to be heavily used by them but no buck. The cams where there from July to end September. So basically am asking is this still a good place to set up for the season? Thanks guys

I think so.  If you can pin point where the doe are bedding, the bucks will usually cruise downwind of that area on lighter trails to scent check.  See if you can find those trails and set up just downwind of the trails.  Absent pressure pushing them out, doe will tend to stay put through the season for the most part so you should be in the vicinity.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, oapiastos88 said:

Down wind of the doe trail about 50 yards there should be faint trails and maybe some old rubs if thick. Bucks will follow trail down wind scent checking  you need to be another 20 yards or so down wind of the buck trail. 

• Like 1