Andirondack Bow hunting?

tk3445

I usually hunt right here in central NY but i have got the itch to get out real bad this year and my job gave me the 9/28 - 10/2 off of work for a "fall break"... so i figured i might be able to do some big game hunting up in northern zone... but since i have never been up there if anyone can point me to some state land that is OK to hunt would be cool. any direction or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

• 1 month later...

Most of the Adirondacks is state land, route 28 from Inlet through Blue Mountain is beaituful country.. A word of warning, it is a hugggge chunk ofland and deer are very spread out.. Could get very frustrating with a bow( its tough going with a rifle).. For bow close to Syracuse, check out Happy Valley in Parish

You might want to try the Moose River Plains area, out of Inlet, N.Y. This is real big country but has a lot of areas to hunt from the camp sites. You should take a topo map compass, and a GPS unit with you. There is still a lot of foliage up there, I just got back from a four day early bear hunt..

I would try Indian Lake. bow hunting is tough in the dacks though. I only tried it once, got turned around and spent the night in the woods before stumbling across a nice old couple's house and hitched a ride to my truck over 5 miles away. Indian Lake will give you as good a chance as any but my advice is a good laminated map and compass if not a GPS.