grouse hunting?

Oh hell yeah.  My GSP is twitching at the window looking at the songbirds in the feeder.  She is a bird aholic.  I love the time when the woodcock migrate through the area and you get a mixed bag of grouse and woodcock in the woods.  Fun time and great to get out in the woods again for some dinner and dog time.  Its also a nice little break for some miday bird hunts when the whitetails are not cooperating.

• 2 weeks later...

I have only seen 1 male on the property in 2 years,in the same place on the same stone wall.....always drumming. I like to see him there,therefore I will let him be.I like to hear him in the early morning while having my coffee. If I had a larger family of them,yeah....good eating and fun to hunt.I love when they scare the crap out of ya when they go up in deer season.

I would love to, as I miss it, but we don't have any grouse down here anymore. I can honestly say that I haven't seen one in about 12 years now. Do miss hunting them-that was definitely my passion.

There are a few still around the potown area you may have to drive some.

In a good year I have avg.1 flush / hr and in a bad yr 1 flush / 2 hr . Most of coverts are within a hour drive of poughkeepsie.

Jeff