Storm Damage in Gilbertsville

hunter

Does anyone have any info on the extent of the storm damage and how far along the repairs are? My camp was on Rte 3, I think the collapse was on the Rte 51 side from my camp, would like to know if I can get in from Wells Bridge. Good luck to everyone else who was affected by the storm.

Thanks John, I did find an alternate way in but found out my driveway washed away again and I need a new electric service. At least the cabin didn't wash away. Let me ask you guys a question: I had my culvert repaired and my driveway redone in May, should that contractor bear any responsibility for it not standing up to this storm? I understand it washed out alot more and is going to be alot bigger job this time. Also, will I be able to get FEMA money to fix? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thanks John, I did find an alternate way in but found out my driveway washed away again and I need a new electric service. At least the cabin didn't wash away. Let me ask you guys a question: I had my culvert repaired and my driveway redone in May, should that contractor bear any responsibility for it not standing up to this storm? I understand it washed out alot more and is going to be alot bigger job this time. Also, will I be able to get FEMA money to fix? Thanks for any help you can give me.

How did it wash away? Is there a huge stream? If you end up having to shell out the money to pay this time, maybe going with the largest culvert you can fit in there might be the best idea. We have one at the end of our driveway, my father was getting worried because it was coming out with such force.

John, it washed away because the culvert opening gets blocked with rocks and debris washed down. My culvert is half way down my driveway but there is one that comes under the road at the top of my driveway and just lets the water run down an embankment to my culvert. I am thinking of trying to run that one at the top under my driveway there at the top and eliminate that water from washing junk into my culvert. I heard somewhere the town does it for you when you buid a driveway if it's close enough to the road. Either way it's got to be fixed right this time. I have to get up there and see what it looks like and find out about FEMA. Any suggestions are appreciated. You do excavation on the Island right?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'll be getting my camp back together soon. New excavator contractor will be coming in at the end of the week. Still have alot to do. Don't know if I can get it ready for bow but I can stay with my brother for that. Hopefully I can have it ready for gun. Will be my first season in the camp.

I saw that and I've been meaning to stop by as soon as I'm sure my camp isn't going to wash away lol. BTW my camp is about a mile or so from there. I'm glad to hear about the deer cause this will be my first season hunting here. I guess I'll rough it at my camp for bow unless the contractor is going to be working but I don't think he will be. I think he's gonna be hunting.

Good luck Clifford, John and all my buddies on this site. May we all be eating liver by Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...