People Left New York Faster Than Any State in 2019

20 hours ago, Moho81 said:

The only chance I’ll ever leave is if my daughters where to move to another state for a job when they grow up. It’s a long long time from now but I can’t see moving out of state for any other reason at this point in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo ! Although ours are off on their own, and ones engaged I don’t want to leave them . My wife is trying to get them to move with us , they can get jobs anywhere quite easy , but they aren’t leaving , so here we stay. Wife would be gone tomorrow, but I’m staying if the kids are at this point .

Pretty much all her friends have left and the last couple we do a lot with socially are right now having a home built in Tennessee .

Her nephew sold his law practice and moved his wife and four kids to Texas last summer , good move his kids are now relocated with them before they sunk roots here .

As stated , pretty much everyone we know who left is solid middle or upper middle class , a few though well above that , my one nephew in Tennessee, owns 19 companies across the county , none in his home state of NY though .

Those leaving are ones pulling the cart , not riding in it .

I only see more leaving, it’s all most  we know talks and dreams about .

Bingo ! Although ours are off on their own, and ones engaged I don’t want to leave them . My wife is trying to get them to move with us , they can get jobs anywhere quite easy , but they aren’t leaving , so here we stay. Wife would be gone tomorrow, but I’m staying if the kids are at this point .
Pretty much all her friends have left and the last couple we do a lot with socially are right now having a home built in Tennessee .
Her nephew sold his law practice and moved his wife and four kids to Texas last summer , good move his kids are now relocated with them before they sunk roots here .
As stated , pretty much everyone we know who left is solid middle or upper middle class , a few though well above that , my one nephew in Tennessee, owns 19 companies across the county , none in his home state of NY though .
Those leaving are ones pulling the cart , not riding in it .
I only see more leaving, it’s all most  we know talks and dreams about .

I would bet that at least 25% of my coworkers that have retired in the last 2-3 years have moved out of state after retiring. These are people with 50-75k $ a year pensions. One just the other day retired he’d already sold his house and had a house built in NC pocketed a couple hundred grand from the sale after paying for a bigger new house to be built and he’s taking his money and his state pension else where.

That’s the worst possible scenario for the state is when someone is getting a pension from the state and they’re sending that check out of state because they won’t see any return on that money.

It’s exactly what I’ll do when I retire, sell my place and my camp and head south. I’ll come up with my truck camper for deer season and a few Lake Ontario trips and that will be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Yeah it's not an easy thing to do when all you know is here.  And I like upstate NY for a lot of reasons. If it wasn't for what I do for work I wouldn't mind winter that much even.  

easier than you think. But if you have any size of family whatsoever it's very difficult to stay away. That was the case for my wife and I. Her mom's whole family (1 or 4), her dad's whole family (1 of 2), my mom's whole family (1 of 6) and dad (1 of 5). You can't replace that and it outweighs the shitty government and harsh winters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1