Belo

People Left New York Faster Than Any State in 2019

Recommended Posts

Wish I could , have Family here so cannot !  I do have a buddy whom just moved to St. Croix and I will be visiting him and his wife .... OFTEN !

  • Like 2

Answer to No One !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wish I could , have Family here so cannot !  I do have a buddy whom just moved to St. Croix and I will be visiting him and his wife .... OFTEN !
The rod warehouse?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can you blame them?

The day I retire I’ll be on that list.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk


Common Sense is not so common these days...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You all need to realize, if Cuomo and his leftist comrades were all forced out of office and we installed elected officials that wanted to make NY great again, nobody would be looking to leave this state.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If things don't change i too will work my way out... Currently have a good job and able to put away some retirement money..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We checked out Virginia last year, even looked at a few houses. The Roanoke area appealed to us. Since then, the state turned full blue, and they have their version of the NY Safe act ready for the governor's signature any day now.

The Safe Act here hasn't really bothered me except to go through the silly AR compliance neutering. But when states go blue, gun laws are like the canary in the coal mine for all of the other BS. Like ridiculously high taxes.

We're going to check out the northern part of NC later this year.

Property taxes in VA and NC are less than 1/10th of what they are here. I've got anywhere from 1-4 years to retirement. If my property taxes were reduced that much I could probably retire now.

It ain't the weather!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My family vacationed in Southeastern Tennessee last summer. I wouldn't mind retiring down there. I have to work six more years which would put me at 54 years old...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Common Sense is not so common these days...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

We checked out Virginia last year, even looked at a few houses. The Roanoke area appealed to us. Since then, the state turned full blue, and they have their version of the NY Safe act ready for the governor's signature any day now.

The Safe Act here hasn't really bothered me except to go through the silly AR compliance neutering. But when states go blue, gun laws are like the canary in the coal mine for all of the other BS. Like ridiculously high taxes.

We're going to check out the northern part of NC later this year.

Property taxes in VA and NC are less than 1/10th of what they are here. I've got anywhere from 1-4 years to retirement. If my property taxes were reduced that much I could probably retire now.

It ain't the weather!

i have 2 sites in VA. Roanoke and Lynchburg. Both nice towns with a ton of great public land access nearby. 

  • Like 1

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Belo said:

i have 2 sites in VA. Roanoke and Lynchburg. Both nice towns with a ton of great public land access nearby. 

We didn't check out Lynchburg but I'd like to on a future visit. We were near the southern border around the middle east/west wise, and checked out a bunch of places traveling west to the Roanoke area. As we got closer to the mountains, it felt more like home. Wasn't a lot of hardwoods until we got near the mountains. Those pine plantations that were all over the state didn't really appeal to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lynchburg is a smaller college town, but right on the mountains. One of the guys who I work with shoots nice deer and bear every year there. He loves it. Still seasonal but not the nonsense we get in NY for winter. And CHEAP cost of living for sure. 


"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again the media gets it wrong , 77k did not leave NYS, that’s NET loss. One must factor in immigration to NYS , the higher birth rate over death rate , along with outmigration.

You can see for the year July 17- July 18 , 180k left but that resulted in a Net loss of 48k .

1555DB6C-EC88-429F-BAC9-95D45FD02442.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the people who left were most likely highly productive tax paying citizens, many who were quite wealthy.  Whereas the ones who came to NY are on the low end of the income and tax scale, many of whom rely on govt assistance.  The details are in the demographics.

NY is quickly going broke.  Get ready for the huge reach into your pockets my friends.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone looking at the coyote/coywolf explosion in NYS as the real reason for the mass exodus?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, but some of the state's other predators are certainly having an impact.  Democrats are at the top of the food chain in NYS right now.  And they are defending some of the other sub human predators we need to be wary of.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Is anyone looking at the coyote/coywolf explosion in NYS as the real reason for the mass exodus?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't want to come out and flat say it in fear of the blowback I might have received.   But you took the words out of my mouth. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I like the looks of tenesee and Kentucky but doubt if I will ever leave. 

The only chance I’ll ever leave is if my daughters where to move to another state for a job when they grow up. It’s a long long time from now but I can’t see moving out of state for any other reason at this point in my life.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moho81 said:


The only chance I’ll ever leave is if my daughters where to move to another state for a job when they grow up. It’s a long long time from now but I can’t see moving out of state for any other reason at this point in my life.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's not an easy thing to do when all you know is here.  And I like upstate NY for a lot of reasons. If it wasn't for what I do for work I wouldn't mind winter that much even.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.