Ever use this cover scent?

RangerClay

I stopped by to ask about a product and read the other cover scent thread. Well, I'm not interested in leaving my clothes in a barn. I was wondering if anyone has tried Ever Calm? From what I have read, it has a few good reviews and is made fresh every year. Has anyone here tried it? If so, did you use the stick or the bottle?

evercalm-deer-herd-bottle_1.jpg

Have not used this product. As for cover scent I'd rather put more effort into scent elimination. I use Dead Down Wind products for that. I used to use all of those cover scents like earth and what not but recently I've been concentrating on reducing my scent and not usind cover scents. I do use attractants though. I like buck urine and I also use special golden estrus. This year I'm going to try using mock scrapes with a dripper. I had a small spike come in to my set and I sprayed buck urine in the air, he was about 25 yards and almost immediately he started sniffing the air. He curled his lip and started circling me. I could see it definitely riled him up. He kept pacing back and forth. It was very interesting watching him respond to the scent. I also like using a tarsal gland from a previous years kill. I'll vacum seal it with my food saver then I freeze it. I like to tie the tarsal to my boot and drag it behind me then when I get to my spot I'll hang it on a branch in hoping if a abuck cuts my tracks it will bring him right to me. Haven't had any luck with it yet.

Try this for your own home-made cover scent: gather white/red oak acorns and remove the tops from all the acorns - next smash up the "nut" portion of the acorns and boil down the contents. After boiling down once or twice, pour into spray bottle and you have acorn cover scent.

Try this for your own home-made cover scent: gather white/red oak acorns and remove the tops from all the acorns - next smash up the "nut" portion of the acorns and boil down the contents. After boiling down once or twice, pour into spray bottle and you have acorn cover scent.

Nothing in it will hide your scent from a deer.

Might work very well as an attractant scent - completely different then trying to hide an oder from a deer.