3H How we looking guys?

burmjohn

I'll be in Vermont on Oct 15th for opening day of Moose season.I'll gladly give up opening week of bow for a once in a life time Moose tag in VT.Im off the whole week and if i tag out in VT that weekend,Im coming home and heading up there.

Edited by ANTLERS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Typical day in oct in Lake Huntington.I saw one 4 ptr at first light then nothing for the rest of the day.Their not deep in the woods yet,Still on the fringe.With 1 hour of light left saw at least 50 in one field driving near town.

Did you go back out today? I'm heading up this weekend again, can't wait! Its going to be cold, maybe get them moving during the day into the woods.

• 3 weeks later...

The best I could do on opening day was a doe.Saw 3 does at 9:50,Took one to fill out that tag,Stayed in stand all day and that was it,no other movement.but all around me it sounded like the battle of Gettysburg.Sunday was dead as a doornail,Saw no deer all day,Yet shots fired on the neighboring properties.Try again during the week.

post-348-0-09820000-1321838561_thumb.jpg

There were quite a few shots on Sat and Sun. I herd of two beautiful 8's taken right by us Antlers, have pics on the phone. We did not get anything this weekend, neither did Fairgame. But surrounding properties did... Looking forward to hunting Friday after T-Giving, and maybe T-Giving morning if we get up there Wed Night.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I ended my rifle season today with a fat buck tag still unused.Saw nothing today,nada.Colder temps,a few inches of snow,Should have been a good day,Nothing.5 full days and only 3 does to show for it,And that was opening day.My buddy hunting the other end of the property today,saw one small spike,Which he nearly mistook for a doe.The numbers are clearly down from last year,I suspect a big winter die off.

I don't know... I saw more deer this year, less bucks though then last year during rifle. Bow season was pretty active. Thing is you go right up the road from us, and there are like 25+ deer in the that field and a bunch of nice racked bucks :) They are just not moving during the day.