EAB in Bath and Saugerties

• 4 weeks later...

This is BIG and BAD news. For those that don't know Emerald Ash Borer = EAB .

Right now its in two suburbs of Monroe county (Rochester).

Millions of ash tres will be dead in a couple years.

How many you got in your hunting spot ?? I have 40 + in my 1/2 acre yard.....

Our woods will be changed for many many years .

Cut them all down and make some money before they are worthless, there all going to die anyhow. What exactly is an ash tree good for anyhow eccept burning?

Baseball bats and handles for axes, pick-axes, and other such tools.

Well when there are the main trees in your yard ,the value is shade ,beauty, and value in making the house more sellable.

With millions of ash trees being cut and sold not to many are buying it as the glut is gaint and growing.....

That and the fact they won't buy trees form yards, and that the wood should be desposed of in certin ways to stop the spread.

You can save trees.Its way expensive , but so is the two college educations I'm paying out of my pocket.....

They have been fighting this since 2,001, only an injection of one certin chemical is shown to work, the population increases 5,000% a year as well .

PDF]  Homeowner Guide to Emerald Ash Borer Treatments - Layout 1  File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View

by T Options - Related articles

Emerald ash borer adult. Treatment Considerations. Because of the expense of yearly treatments, it is important to weigh the decision to treat carefully. ...

www.emeraldashborer.info/files/E2955.pdf - Similar    Treatment Information | Emerald Ash Borer Information Network  E-2955 - March 2007 - Treatment recommendations for homeowners; Evaluation of Insecticides for Control of Emerald Ash Borer: Summary of 2004 Trials pdf ...

www.emeraldashborer.info/treatment.cfm - Cached - Similar       

I think if I had a pile of large ash trees, I would be cutting them down, and storing them in log form to air-dry somewhere on the property. Even if I had to build some sort of lean-to style shed. There will come a time when that wood will become somewhat rare and most likely valuable ....... right? Just a thought.

Doc