Long Island Salt Water Fishing

wztirem

Another thread asked us to reply to what do we like to do after and before hunting season. Well I love to fish saltwater. Tides being right, you can usually find me either surf fishing or in a boat with the hopes of landing a trophy striped bass or practicing catch and release when it comes to fluke.

Anyone out there have any reports?

Tight lines!

I was out fluke fishing Sunday morning with my neighbor in Jones Inlet. The action was nonstop. However between the two us we caught over 60 fluke and only 1 (One) was a keeper (23 inches). We were using tandem rigs with circle hooks baited with squid/spearing on the bottom rig and Berkley Gulps on the top rig. Both baits worked about the same. Thankfully, we were off the water when the storm blew through!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice, I have not gone in a long time.  Fishing the salt is a lot like having land :P  Expensive, and nice to have a family member that has a boat (or land).  I spent my summers going out of oceanside to the JB inlet for 10+ years when I was younger. 

• 3 weeks later...

Met my friend at 5am this morning to see if there was a chance that the  sea conditions were not as bad as was reported. No chance of getting out, winds gusting to 35mph out of the west with seas 5-12' feet rolling in at Debs Inlet. Too bad the tide was perfect (incoming) and the bass bite was pretty good all week. Hope to get out tomorrow for some fluke action before the season ends on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...