Yankees Game GTG - April 7th

BizCT

maybe you guys could all facetime and watch an old Yankee game together .  I might suggest the 2003 game 7 of the ALCS.........  I know its Bizs Fav. 

2004 ALCS game 7 I have on VHS. The difference is the yanks won nothing in 2003

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

2004 ALCS game 7 I have on VHS. The difference is the yanks won nothing in 2003

Being a Yankee fan we def won something.  The moment alone was incredible.   One of those always remember sports events if you were watching it at the time. 

• Like 1

Being a Yankee fan we def won something.  The moment alone was incredible.   One of those always remember sports events if you were watching it at the time. 

Won what? Josh Beckett gem in the Bronx

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Won what? Josh Beckett gem in the Bronx

so Fisks homerun means nothing either right. ..  Both great moments in sports.  Not all of them have to be championships.  Sox coming back down 3 games is also one of those.  At least for most folks.  

and 99% of people couldnt tell you Beckett was even pitching

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

so Fisks homerun means nothing either right. ..  Both great moments in sports.  Not all of them have to be championships.  Sox coming back down 3 games is also one of those.  At least for most folks.  
and 99% of people couldnt tell you Beckett was even pitching

I wasn’t alive for that. But ring or bust.

I think my favorite world series might have been the yanks v diamondbacks and the yanks didnt win.   But some incredible moments in that series.

They let an entire city down. Red Sox in 2013 win WS after bombing with a mediocre team

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Found this in my safe, Rob:

5aa2c21a2a9fc3e2095a0f7dd80f75b1.jpg

October 21, 2004

thats cool.  I like baseball so much better when both the Yanks and Sox are relevant.  Even if the yanks go to the series i want to see an ALCS with them in it. It just means more.

16 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

They let an entire city down. Red Sox in 2013 win WS after bombing with a mediocre team

I remember Derek Jeter hitting a walk off  - Mr November - huge moment.  And Bush throwing out the first pitch.  These were great moments for NYers.https://abcnews.go.com/US/video/derek-jeters-advice-president-bush-pitch-33626758

And yeah 2013 team was seemingly not a great lineup/rotation.  Always liked (and somewhat hated lol) big papi and Pedroia.  But that team was far from overwhelming for a world series team. 

been a lot of bust then in Red Sox history.  Yanks havent done well in last 20 years but Sox were irrelevant for 100 years then?  lol 

Notbing before our lifetimes is relevant. It’s been amazing being a sox fan since 1999. My favorite team has won more rings than anyone

I remember Derek Jeter hitting a walk off  - Mr November - huge moment.  And Bush throwing out the first pitch.  These were great moments for NYers.https://abcnews.go.com/US/video/derek-jeters-advice-president-bush-pitch-33626758
And yeah 2013 team was seemingly not a great lineup/rotation.  Always liked (and somewhat hated lol) big papi and Pedroia.  But that team was far from overwhelming for a world series team. 

I remember where I was when Luis Gonzalez hit the Walkoff. That’s the only memory of that series I have. Not being funny, just being honest. I was at a HS party