Daikon Radish

I was actually going to use them this year in my plot, but went with the turnips again. They will work on deer just like a turnips and they have the potential of getting up to 2 feet long, They are great in that the raddish themselves can be utilized by deer through the fall and winter months (just like turnips only Daikons get much larger). Similar to ground hog raddish in that the daikon raddish would also benefit the soil in that it breaks up and aerates your soil. I might give them a try for next fall.

I plan on using these or the groundhog forage radish next fall. I have read a lot of good things about them. I would plant them along with winter rye and some winter peas to give the deer a good variety in one plot rather than as a single planting

I plan on using these or the groundhog forage radish next fall. I have read a lot of good things about them. I would plant them along with winter rye and some winter peas to give the deer a good variety in one plot rather than as a single planting

Just an FYI, the ground hog radish can be purchased at your local agway. Theres no need to go to a company and pay higher prices for a fancy bag only to get the same seed.

• 1 month later...

Question on these radishes..farmer planted "turnips" in our food plot late summer. I went up to check it in September and the greens were up nice and the turnips were half dollar sized which is what i expected. But I ate two and instead of tasting like white turnip, they had a good spice to them...like a radish. You think these were turnips or these radishes you speak of?