NY Fall Opening Weekend

My weims broke a flock first day, unfortunately 80 yard out in a field and I watched a very nice formation of 10 birds flying off together way off onto another property. Had a hard time finding any sign and or birds. in just a few days I put in over 15 miles on the dogs. Lot of walking for such little sightings or sign.

2nd day, I walked up on a flock coming up through thick cover. A jenny appeared in an opening, 1st tag filled, good break at the shot, however no call back, rather odd. 3rd day, ran the dogs ragged, went back out in the afternoon, blind called for over 2-1/2 hours (coarse yelp,and cluck or two on a funky ol' box call, and every once in a while a pissy hen with a mouth call), Stood up to leave (had to go back to send caregiver home), and caught movement 60 yards out going in behind a big tree. Dumb luck I didn't get caught. Out stepped two gobblers, they were coming to the call. I waited til 30 yards,and dropped one. Both were similar size. We'll be out taking the dogs rest of the season for my wife,and a few hunting buddies.

315389_10150399997722419_735242418_10672308_522142171_n.jpg

312527_10150401013982419_735242418_10679051_509272845_n.jpg

very nice hunt you got yourself, I can't wait til I am able to go out this year, lastyear for early bow me my hubby and the kids went out and my 2 yr old fell asleep after 15 minutes out there it was ok cause me and her were in the 2man blind and hubby and the boys were just off from me, we did not get anything but being out as a family was great, my daughter get all excited when she sees deer or turkeys when we are driving around can't wait for this year to see how she is again lol.