Land Auctions

Geno C

Has anyone bought land through an auction? If so advantages and disadvantages. I know some auctions are hard to hear about but i do hear about guys buying nice chunks of land for a very reasonable price. Some of these auction websites are hard to navigate so i figured id ask about personal experiences... and can we try to keep the thread auction related lol

thanks guys!

Geno, I looked into it a while back. I called the county where I was interested in buying land and asked about tax sales etc. They were real helpful (keep in mind this wasn't Nassau where I live) and gave me all the info I needed to bid etc. I went and checked out the auctions and bid on a few pieces of land but I was out bid by what seemed like "professional" bidders All in all if I had more cash on hand I feel like I couldve gotten a piece and they were going for a reasonable amount. Just my experience

I went and checked out the auctions and bid on a few pieces of land but I was out bid by what seemed like "professional" bidders

Yup, it's sort of like a game. Most of these pro bidders are real estates and other people who regularly buy property cheap and then want to make some good money on it soon after by reselling it at a much higher cost. They are probably way better at it than we are since most of us don't have as much experience at this game like they do. Some people do luck out and get property for a song, but there probably aren't too many regular joe's like us that it happens to.