I got sucked into going out this morning

Doc

Well, I was convinced that the weatherman was just kidding. We got .01" of rain all last night, and the moon was shining like crazy when I got up. There was almost no wind at all. So I suited up and hoofed it up the hill. Got on stand and it was still dark. The wind was blowing a bit harder than down in the valley, but still not too bad.

By the time it started to get light, the sky was full of clouds, and the wind was starting to move the tree-tops a bit. Within an hour, it was starting to shower a bit and the wind was really blowing. About 10:00, things were starting to get out of control, so I figured it was time to leave. Not really a very good opener for me.

I went out this Am, hunted a gully that was protected from the winds.... didnt get any rain til 10Am.... saw a 1.5 yr old 6pt, passed a 2.5 yr old 8pt at 15 yards and saw 1 doe 1 fawns at 65 yards.

It was nice to get in the stand again. Tomorrow looks better, but still windy.

Good luck!

i said i was going all the way till i got up and let my dog out at 5:00 am.Wind was gusting.Crawled back in bed and spooned with the wifey.Thought nah.had a game this morning any how so if i did get a deer i would have had to miss my boys last foot ball game.Sunday needs to get here!!!