Scope on a Mod 94

Has anyone ever seen a scope mounting system for a Winchester Model 94. The top-eject system seems to pose a rather unique problem for having a scope right above the ejection port. Is there a solution?

Doc

Doc. I have a top eject 94 in 30-30. I had  the receiver tapped and a rail mounted. sits on the left top corner of the receiver. I had to roll the scope 90 degrees so the elevation knob adjust windages and the windage knob is elevation . I will get a pic up... works great andyou can still see throught the scope without removing you cheek from stock. added bonus is the irion sights are 100% visable. I use them as my primary anyway when carrying the 94 in brush....if I need the scope just a small cant of the head makes the scope come into view.

Another option is to mount a long eye relief scope on the rear sight...

Personally, I'd rather mount a peep on the reciever and use the M94 for what is is really designed for..A light handy carbine for deer sized game at woods ranges..  With my old eyes, I have trouble focusing on  conventional open sights, but a peep sight works just fine for me..

There is nothing wrong with a side mount, like Culvercreek uses, or the LER scope, but I consider both systems somewhat of a compromise...

My Brother in Law uses a LER scope on his 870. He had an old hasting barrel from before the cantilever craze. It is 4 power and I tried it once. A great option for maintaining a full view of the woods while aiming. you can really see what was hapening all around you....like not missing that buck of a lifetime standing up next to the one you are about to shoot...lol

Drilling holes in any Mod 94, especially a Pre-64, will really hurt the value of the rifle.  There is a scout mount made that has a Picatinny rail on it that uses the rear sight dovetail and allows for the use of a scout scope with extended eye relief.  It is a very fast shooting setup, perfect for a woods lever gun.  It also doesn't alter the gun so it doesn't hurt the value.