cold feet solutions???

firehunter48

When I was a kid , I used to wear sneakers most of the time and hitch-hiked all over the area with no cold feet problem .

Over the years it changed . My feet get cold . I bought a pair of replacable insoles that have a slot for hand warmers . When it's not real cold , you can put the foam inserts back in the insoles . They seem to help .

I recall this topic being brought up on other sites in the past . It was often suggested to put odorless anti-perspirant on the feet ..........

If there is anything that you should really spend the money on.. it's a pair of good boots. A $20 pair of boots isn't gonna cut it for very long.. I spend between $150 - $200 on my Wolverines.. nobody is tougher on a boot than me and I can get 3-4 years out a boot before it starts to let a bit of water in... a good waterproofing extends the life even more... I keep my old boots for dry days... even though they aren't very waterproof anymore they still are extremely warm.. I buy one size bigger than my normal shoe size and wear a good wool sock. I haven't had cold feet in many many years.

I wear Under Armour snowboarding socks as my first layer, then cotton socks, then wools socks, then my boots which arent anything crazy or heavy-duty. I have hunted 10-12 hour full days under 0 degrees without any issues in Alberta, Michigan, Ontario, etc.