looking for land to lease cortland or madison county

Culver this is a really good link.  If I were ever to lose the land I hunt on, this would definitely be something to consider.  It would surely be a further drive for me, but it would sure beat state land you have to share with whom knows who.  How is the deer hunting in this area?

Fair...there was really only my fater and me on it last year...a few guys were in and out for a few days. we took buck and 3 does off it and all were shot within 100 yards of our cabin...lol. I saw one other very niice chocolate horned buck but it was crunchy during the muzzleloading weekend and he busted me. We get 2 nuisance tags each year (1/50acres) So we each grab one as our primary and and the seconds go to 8H which is just about a guarantee.

They will let you build a cabin after 3 years.....even sooner if you are a good group. Plus I think they feel if you build you aren't going anywhere. They have parcels all over the southern teir...somea are better access than others and some are nearer agriculture areas.

We are a mile off the hard road and off the grid. Big woods hunting but I did manage to get in about an acre of plots in the log loading areas and they are quite a draw this year.

Bottom line the the whole lease with them and many other timber companies----you pay most of the taxes and DON"T CUT ANY TREES...lol

We built a cabin because we didn't want a trailer. They will let you put in a trailer and it is yours to use and post all year. We ride wheelers in the summer...turkey hunt in the spring and even take a couple trips there in the winter just to screw off and mark trails for the next spring.

We did a cabin because I am 2 1/2 hours from it and it was easier to secure...knock on wood...3 years and no vandalism...but I think the mile back in helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice area down there. Good luck with selling it. I hope you have decent access. I am only about a half hour form you if that but we are a mile off the hard road on a logging ROW. I think the one we built we will have to burn if we ever decide to drop the lease...lol. No getting that out of there. I started out with a panel system so I could take it down if I had to...but then said the hell with it and got the nail gun out  ;D