LONG ISLAND Rabbit Hunters?

Rich, it is hard, but there are spots, I just had this conversation with a friend and fellow hunter that just met last year. I have about 6 to 8 decent spots on LI, between private,gun club, and state properties, I also go up to orange county were have another 4 to 6 spots, . I used to have double that on long island alone, and there used to be alot of rabbits, and NO tree huggers!!

Heading east to Mattituck from Bellmore this morning, hope to put a few rabbits in the pot. Only have permission for one day a year Nov 1st. I will let you know how we did tonite. Good luck to everyone

Well the exact location is in Cutchogue there were 7 of us from 81 yrs old to 12 yrs old and with a few youngsters thrown in. one 71, 62 , 57, 54,47 , and that is the ages of the rabbit hunting gang. We don't use dogs we beat the bushes. Final count 11 rabbits.

I rabbit hunt my friends property in 4A but not in Long Island. Unfortunately none of my friends rabbit hunt so I usually hunt solo and without dogs so not very easy to do but I still try and get out there a few times a year. I personally love it and would like to rabbit hunt more often.

• 9 years later...