Fall 2020 Season

Salmon_Run

Greetings fellow big woods hunters,

I hope this finds you and your families well, I am looking towards a fall in the woods of typical relaxation and a true "time away".

I know that all our lives right now are filled with sorrow, doubt, anger, anxiety and uncertainty.  Let's hope that soon enough the world will be recovering and may we never relive a time like this in our life time (or children's lifetimes).

Again, stay well and let's dream of changing leaves, cool crisp nights, clear star filled skies and the slight whiff of wood smoke from our cabin chimneys.

Best wishes to all........................

• Like 6

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am looking forward to getting up there this Friday, and finally some relaxing Adirondack deer hunting.  Depending on how the drive up goes, I might be able to start with the last 2 hours or so of the 3 day, northern zone crossbow season. 

I spent last weekend near Inlet, rifle hunting for bear, but only saw deer.  I will be up at the in laws place, on the NW corner of the Adirondack park, for all of early ML week, thru opening weekend of gun.  I have not been able to do that since 2016, when I was able to fill both my antlerless ML, and antlered gun tag up there.

I am bringing my crossbow, ML, and open sighted Marlin 336.  If the weather is dry, I will use my father in laws scoped Marlin 336.  I have killed 2 bucks up there with my big heavy 30/06, but I am really looking forward to seeing how the compact, easier-handling Marlin 30/30's work on them.

Our venison supply is holding out ok, but we are getting low on grind.  I would be very happy with a nice ML doe, which I would get all ground except for the backstraps and tenderloins.

October is my favorite time up there: Deer hunting in the mornings and late afternoons and smallmouth bass fishing in between.  Work has been quite hectic lately at our "essential" business and this vacation can't come at a better time or at a better place.  Even if the hunting don't pan out, my mother in laws cooking is always phenomenal and the scenery is always wonderful.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1