whose hunting putnam,dutchess,westchester

whitetail1

I hunt Dutchess and Putnam quite a lot, since I live in the area. Occasionally Westchester but no need to go that far. Dutchess is strictly private land for the most part, Putnam has a lot of open public land to Bowhunters.

I've hunted the State and DEP land there for quite a few years. I hunt during the week and most times have the properties to myself. When gun season comes along there are a lot of 'hunters' out on the first weekend. After that it slows down.

When upstate closes it's a mob scene on the few Westchester properties.

Only 3 people are allowed at the east fishkill spot (I don't own it). What I'm saying is if anyone ever wants to hang out and shoot some targets or whatever, it would be cool to hear what local guys have to share. I'm sure we could find a place. Fishing season is still open. I'm hard pressed for time as it is. One day I will own more land...

P.S.

I used to live in Cortlandt too. Near Putnam Valley.

Only 3 people are allowed at the east fishkill spot (I don't own it). What I'm saying is if anyone ever wants to hang out and shoot some targets or whatever, it would be cool to hear what local guys have to share. I'm sure we could find a place. Fishing season is still open. I'm hard pressed for time as it is. One day I will own more land...

P.S.

I used to live in Cortlandt too. Near Putnam Valley.

Hey Elmer...we met last year...traded doe tags at Home Depot...fishkill

How about Stissing and Lafayette? They are north enough not to be bothered too much, they look good on paper, anyone got any luck there?...let me know...I'm a local guy so I can be anywhere within minutes...Hereford is too much too handle...simply too crowded for my taste..