Tick repellant

I was recently diagnosed with Lymes disease...is there any tick repellant with deet that is friendly to wear in the woods and wont scare off the deer? It is still warm and ticks are still out there! I can get re-infected and I am not dealing with this Lyme sh*t again!

Damn wish I would have read this post sooner. I was just at Dick's the other day and just used some spray that had deet in it. Ticks are bad in PA this year as well. I have only pulled 14 off of my clothing this year. 6 of us were out the other day and pulled (not exaggerating) between 60-70 ticks off of our clothing.

I just bought a big bottle of Sawyers this weekend from Bass Pro. I got it on the reccomendation of a fellow hunter. It has no scent and is supposed to last for weeks even after washing clothes.

As I started on another thread this season is crazy with ticks. My brother pulled one out his chest yesterday after just sighting in his guns out behind the inlaws.

I may have lymes too, need to get back in and get an elisa test, if that comes back +, then a western blot test. So far no ticks using Ben's from Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS). I treated the inside of all openings too (cuffs, belt line, etc.) 1 can did 1 outfit. $8

Sorry geno! Dick's was out of sawyer's! I had to go to the "anti" hunting outfitters

Edited by ELMER J. FUDD