In search of Savage 410/22

RickF

I just recently found out that he didn't have it any longer. His wife slipped up at a summer gathering when she said that they had cleaned out their closets at the yard sale. Her quote was something like"I got rid of all those musty smelling hunting clothes your brother doesn't use any more. I also got rid of that kid's gun." That last statement peaked my interest.."What do you mean kid's gun" I asked. "You know that one he got when he was 10 and hasn't used it for the past 40 years." I then made the mistake of asking what she sold it for? She said she sold a couple of old hunting jackets, a pair of old boots and the gun for $50 total. When I cornered my brother his response was that $50 sounded fair as the boots and jackets were old! Oh well.....

Needless to say he isn't real sharp. You know the type: "Strong like bull, smart like tractor?" Good thing he's family.

Not sure where in NH you are but the last time I was in Cabelas in maine, a couple weeks ago, they had a couple savage 24s, be worth a call.

I looked on kitterys used gun list which is hardly ever up to date, but dont see any, be worth a call as well...maybe..theyre pretty useless to deal with in my experience.

Looking for a Savage 410/22 OU. This was my first gun growing up and passed along to my 3 brothers. Unfortunately the last one to have it sold it in a yard sale!

If you know of one, or have one, for sale let me know.

Rick

I know of a 22mag over 20g 2 3/4 or 3" in excellent cond. and if you would like pics,PM your email.

• 1 month later...