BOOTS?

315hunter

Hey everyone, I am looking into boots for next years season, and two pairs have caught my eye. One is the LaCrosse Alpha SST 2000 gram thinsulate rubber boots. A few of the reviews said they were great, a few said bulky and tough to walk in.

Another pair I had been looking at are the Irish Setter Swamp Ghost which are only 1000g, and also rubber. These have mostly positive reviews, and say they are good for keeping warm, but my concern is the 1000g isn't enough.

I have a pair of Field and Stream boots that are 1000g, not rubber and that are old, they're good for walking but my feet get cold when I'm in the stand if the temp is in the low 30s and under. My socks are great I know that it is the boots. I am willing to spend the money on a good pair that keep warm, so does anyone have the boots listed above/ or any suggestions on boots/ advice? Thanks.

One thing you have to remember with rubber boots is that they trap the heat (and moisture) better than leather or other boots. I have a pair of rubber boots that dont have a ton of insulation (cant remember how much off hand), and all I need is a pair of light socks and a pair of heavy wool socks on top of those. I wear them for coyote hunting, in below zero temps in the wind and snow at night, and my feet stay nice and warm. If I know Ill be out for more than a few hours in temps below 25ish, Ill throw some of those foot warmers in between the two pair of socks

Ghug, Could not agree more..Muck boots are the best i've ever worn.. I have the Woody Elite Stealth boots and i wear them from opening of bow til the end of muzzleloader seasons. 315 , If you think you may want a touch more warmth then i would go with their new Arctic pro hunter boot. I promise if you buy these, you will be happy..

I am with you on the Muck Boots.

Just switched over at the beginning of this bow season from a pair of Gander Mt. Guide Series boots that weren't the greatest to walk long distances in, but were warm. I am currently wearing Muck Artic Sport boots and I cannot say enough great things about them. Started out early in bow season with just a thin sock and have worked my way up to two pairs with toe warmers when needed. They are great for walking/stalking great distances too. I started wearing them after I noticed all the farmers around where I hunt had them on. I figure these guys earn their money working out in the cold , and that is all the proof I needed that these boots are top notch.

Edited by mlammerhirt
  • Like 1