A very good first day.

noodle one

My day started when I left my truck at 6:30am. I knew that I had a 25 to 30 min walk to where I wanted to be.. I don't walk fast because I have taken deer on this walk before, I am always looking for sign and or movement. After ten mins into my walk I heard something and caught movement off to my left and before I could move there was a BIG coyote. ( I think maybe a male) He was only 15 yards from me and before I could get the gun up to take the shot ,he was gone.I am thinking not a good start for the day. I continue my walk.Not much sign around and things were not looking good in this part of the woods. I made it to my stand by 6:55 am and sat down. I always hunt on the ground, not out of a treestand. About 30 mins into my sit I heard something move in behind me and saw movement.coming my way. Getting my gun around a smaller coyote jumped up on a log at 20 yards and I put the hammer down on her. One shot and one coyote ( batting a thousand ) looking good. I continued watching down in front of me. another 20 mins into my sit I catch movement down in front of me and it is a deer walking along by its self. It picked its head up and I see that it is a nice buck. I find a opening out about ten yards in front of him and when he stepped in the opening I put the hammer down and he went about another 20 yards and went down. I could see him laying there so I gave him ten mins before I went to him to see how big he is. A real nice 8 point with heavy bases about 18 in. inside spread 10 in G2s . I am not big on scoring big ,but I would say in the mid 130s. Three or four years old . a nice deer. not my biggest ,but a nice deer.