Venison Baby Food

WNYBuckHunter

I came up with this way of making baby food using venison steaks and left over steamed veggies, etc. Basically, you take a pound of venison steaks and throw them in the crock pot along with 2 or 3 cups of water. Let them cook in the crock pot until they are done all the way through. Take steaks and put them in the fridge to cool completely, throw out liquid (will make the baby food too strong in taste). Once steaks have cooled, cut into smaller pieces and put into food processor. Chop in food processor until you get a grey, almost powdery consistency. Separate into 3 or 4 portions (or how many kinds of food you want to make). Put venison and fresh veggies or fruit into food processor along with small amounts of water at a time until it becomes the right consistency. If you add too much water and the mixture gets too thin, just add some rice or oatmeal baby cereal to thicken it up.

So far I have made venison with corn, peas and apples, and my son loves them all but the apples is his favorite so far. Next time Im going to try sweet potatoes and carrots.

• 1 year later...