Incredible deer sign....where are the bucks????

NYBowhunter

In my previous post I stated that in the last three days of the season I had been seeing anywhere from 12-20 does and fawns while hunting near food sources on my property. I was fortunate to take a doe on the last day, but what really amazes me is that we are seeing what I believe to be a large amount of deer....but in seeing 12-20 deer in a 3 hour sit and not seeing not one buck really has me confused. I'm not talking mature bucks.....we are.not even seeing small bucks. I know they are there because I have them on camera and have seen them during the bow and gun season....but where are they ??? Has anyone else experienced a large amount of doe and fawn sightings with no bucks and I'm not talking about what you see throughout the season. I'm talking about seeing that many deer in a 3 hour sit over three consecutive days and not one buck?? I know lots of things in the deer world are unexplainable, but this really has me thinking.

Ruts over...Filling their belly at night.... Rest,Hide,Not burning energy!!! Could be a number of factors. We found the same problem on our farm also..Bucks shut down except 1 basket 6 point that seemed to be out every time we were!!!

Thats what I was thinking...but not even to see the small ones just had me thinking..I guess the lack of pressure also keeps the big boys in thier beds until dark..

Agreed, the second rut doesnt usually last long from what I have read, so it should be wrapping up and the bucks are in rest and refuel mode. Back off of the food sources if you can, get 100 or so yards up the main trails from the fields, etc and you may catch them staging up for dark to head to the fields.