New Jersey Hunting

cbx46

Its great hunting down there. I couldnt believe how many deer i saw when i was there. The season starts in September and gos to the end of January. In some zones you can shoot unlimited does . There is a ton of state and federal land to hunt . Check out NJfishandwildlife.com .

I just started archery this year to take advantage of it, but still only got out a couple of half days with no luck. The extended season is great, but still having HUGE garden spiders around to walk through their webs is not!

I'll agree that their's great opportunities with huge swaths of the state with Unlimited does bags - you have to take a doe first in most areas before a buck and there are antler restrictions in some areas as well. I don't agree that there are huge areas of state or federal land - at least compared to NY.

I'll typically head to Somerset and Hunterdon counties since their included in those zones with Sept. season dates. Specific areas probably wouldn't matter much since there's plenty of deer around. If you're looking for good bucks I would go to areas with the antler restrictions.

I won't bother with the Bear hunt since they make you jump through a whole other set of classroom requirments first - I'd just as soon take a bear if I come across one while deer hunting in NY. I wouldn't target bear specifically.

Yeah - Jersey sucks (sorry, but I was born and raised in NY so Jersey can't really do right by me - even when they do!) I think they may be changing the bear hunting curriculum requirements in that they will just roll it into the general hunter safety courses, but it was like another two days of classroom and testing requirements - not interested!