Lodge cast iron

Skillet

Anybody else use Lodge Logic cast iron? We have a big collection of their pans and fryers. I love them, and I think food cooked in cast iron is the best, especially deer steak seared in olive oil. I bought their big 15" pan tho, and it has a nasty hot spot on one side of it, you can't use that side of the pan without burning the food. I'm going to call them and see what they can do. Anyone else ever had this problem? I'm surprised because I think they put out a good product.

I just bought the wife ,the 10 1/2" Lodge Dutch oven for Christmas. Heavy unit it is. I have used other antique cast iron stuff that all worked well except 1 pan always had a sticking issue.No matter what I tried to correct it,it did not work.Lodge seems to make pretty high quality stuff so I would think they will take care of you.Let us know.

Anybody else use Lodge Logic cast iron? We have a big collection of their pans and fryers. I love them, and I think food cooked in cast iron is the best, especially deer steak seared in olive oil. I bought their big 15" pan tho, and it has a nasty hot spot on one side of it, you can't use that side of the pan without burning the food. I'm going to call them and see what they can do. Anyone else ever had this problem? I'm surprised because I think they put out a good product.

Did you put some oil in the skillet and rub it in before you used it?

Did you put some oil in the skillet and rub it in before you used it?

Sometimes it as an issue of the pan not being casted evenly. its a pretty common easily overlooked mistake, and they would be glad to correct it.

Dave, Lodge stuff comes pre seasoned, but still, I always season a new pan before I use it. Tug & single, I'm going to get ahold of them today, I'll let you know what they say.

Dave, Lodge stuff comes pre seasoned, but still, I always season a new pan before I use it. Tug & single, I'm going to get ahold of them today, I'll let you know what they say.

Yes, use the oil before you fire it up. This cures the cast iron.Let if sit for a while so the oil seeps in.

I will not cook in any frying pan that is not cast iron....I have hooks and all my pans big to small hang on the wall next to stove....I also only use "antique" pans that are well seasoned and smooth....I buy them at flea markets and garage sales...I NEVER wash them ..if some thing sticks ...I use that sea salt... big grinder stuff...sprinkling the pan and then take a paper towel and rub the salt all over the inside....easy breezy...I then take and heat the pan ...put a few drops of mineral oil in and rub the oil all over the hot pan then let sit...If a pan is in need of true reasoning it is bad to do on stove top...could warp the pan...oil it up and place in the oven on low heat for 1/2 to 1 hr... let cool slowly in oven...True health non stick surface

Just talked to them. They told me that I need to re-season the pan, by scouring it, rinsing it cold, drying it, applying veggie oil, and then baking it upside down for an hour @ 350. I told them that we've tried this, but she made it pretty clear that this was all they could offer me. I think that, like Tughill said, it is a manufacturing defect.

Oh well, kind of disappointing because it was an expensive skillet, but I still love their products & will keep buying them.

Edited by Skillet