Headed North!

DirtTime

Hunted with the bow Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings. Then got a couple hours in still hunting the gun opener Saturday afternoon. I took my 7mm-08 and my Stevens pump 20, decided to carry the 20 Saturday because I couldn't see more then maybe 60-70 yards in the thick anyway.

Warm and rainy most of last week up where I was around Indian Lake. A few breaks here and there with Friday being the best day and no rain.

Sunday a cold front moved in so I bet they were moving pretty good with partly clear skies to boot. Check out time was 10AM so I had to pack things up to come home.

Heard a whole lot of shooting on Friday. I didn't know they made rapid fire muzzle loaders. I need to look into one of those.

On 10/26/2020 at 8:21 PM, DirtTime said:

Hunted with the bow Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings. Then got a couple hours in still hunting the gun opener Saturday afternoon. I took my 7mm-08 and my Stevens pump 20, decided to carry the 20 Saturday because I couldn't see more then maybe 60-70 yards in the thick anyway.

Warm and rainy most of last week up where I was around Indian Lake. A few breaks here and there with Friday being the best day and no rain.

Sunday a cold front moved in so I bet they were moving pretty good with partly clear skies to boot. Check out time was 10AM so I had to pack things up to come home.

Heard a whole lot of shooting on Friday. I didn't know they made rapid fire muzzle loaders. I need to look into one of those.

More than likely all that Friday shooting was guys doing a last minute sight in.  Many let that go right up to the last minute.  I always try and get it done by Labor day weekend, to not disturb the local bow and ML hunters.

I heard lots of shots Friday afternoon, up  near where I was also, and I bet not one of them was at game.