7 years

Paula...The most important thing is getting Chester AROUND rabbits...

Find areas with very dense cover like multiflora rose, wild grapes, etc. where you see lots of rabbit tracks. Take your time and let him sniff around. Don't be in a hurry. You are better off spending more time in GOOD cover than trying to do a lot of walking and covering a lot of ground.

Often it helps to get out early in the morning.. Rabbits are more active at night, and chances of him coming across a fresh track are better then.

Once he smells a rabbit, it's up to him...Let him do his thing. Be patient. His instincts should take over when he smells a bunny..

Good luck...

8 to 11 years is the normal cyclic rate for rabbits and hare in north america, combined with a year of poor brood survival in ground nesters like this year from the rains and you end up with a peak year for predator hunting; high pred numbers and low prey numbers makes for fantastic calling and trapping years like this one is.

when i was younger i use to hunt with my uncle along the sides of rail road tracks in the thick brush and get plenty of rabbits. when ever i take a walk every now and then along the tracks i still see rabbits every where. Another very good spot we always had like with was along the grape vines.