Binoulars/rangefinders

I was thinking about getting a pair of binoculars with built in range finder.Has anyone or does anyone have a pair,and are they worth the $$.Would be one less thing to carry afeild.Could'nt beleive the price of these as much as three grand a pop that is crazy.

Edited by Dom

• 3 weeks later...

I know the owner of a major optics manufacturer based on Long Island and I asked him about the binos with built in rangefinders. He said the technology is cost prohibitive and not really there yet to combined the two and and sell to the general consumer. Whatever is out there does cost a lot of money to manufacture. Most manufacturers who make the binos with the built in range finders do so for the military and private security contractors. He said you are better off getting a good set of binos and a decent rangefinder for a fraction of what it would cost to buy the combo. But of course if you have the money to spend by all means . . . .

Edited by Deerthug

Yea the prices are crazy.I am thinking about the bino's with cam.CVS has a pair not sure how well they work,but for the price will give them a try.If they work good,wont know untill then.They do come with hook up for pc.Most likely junk.

I actually bought the Binos they had a few years ago for $9.99. They lasted all about 2 weeks before one of the eyepieces broke. I guess it didn't help that my son was running with them, fell and knocked it to the ground - LOL! Oh well . . . If you want a good set of binos, I bought the Bushnell Trophy XLT Bone Collector version at Dicks at the end of the 2009-2010 season for $120 on sale from $160 and I had a $10 coupon. I swear by them.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4286049&cp=4406646.4413993.4414966

Yea the prices are crazy.I am thinking about the bino's with cam.CVS has a pair not sure how well they work,but for the price will give them a try.If they work good,wont know untill then.They do come with hook up for pc.Most likely junk.

CVS? WTF, are you serious?

Good luck with those.

Wait a minute....................................are you just trying to fire up the 'net tonite? or getting ready for April Fool's Day?

Oh well, if you buy 'em save your receipt.

CVS? WTF, are you serious?

Good luck with those.

Wait a minute....................................are you just trying to fire up the 'net tonite? or getting ready for April Fool's Day?

Oh well, if you buy 'em save your receipt.

I am going to get a pair from dick's.But CVS does have them and they look like toy's.