Tree and shrub sales on now!

Now is time to think and order for those april may planting weekends

Cattaragus county

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bpuho1vA-IkBDX2d68FqipXvPvnndE2d/view

New York State nursery 

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/NYSDEC/bulletins/2b3ee60

Individual counties can be found at their own soil and water conservation sites. 

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 2

G-Man is quite right.  I've participated in the DEC nursery program for a couple of years now and have planted hundreds of trees and bushes.  G-man, have you fed as many deer as I have?   I did find out the hard way they love new plantings.

I can tell you you'll need to act fast as the better choices disappear quick.  The best way for DEC is to call as that's the only way you'll know if they have stock.  The nursery just started taking calls on the 4th starting at 8 AM.   I had to try for two days every half hour calling before I got in and still some of my choices were gone.

This and the help I gotten for fish stocking are the some of the best the DEC has to offer. 

12 minutes ago, hueyjazz said:

G-Man is quite right.  I've participated in the DEC nursery program for a couple of years now and have planted hundreds of trees and bushes.  G-man, have you fed as many deer as I have?   I did find out the hard way they love new plantings.

I can tell you you'll need to act fast as the better choices disappear quick.  The best way for DEC is to call as that's the only way you'll know if they have stock.  The nursery just started taking calls on the 4th starting at 8 AM.   I had to try for two days every half hour calling before I got in and still some of my choices were gone.

This and the help I gotten for fish stocking are the some of the best the DEC has to offer. 

In 27 years ive planted almost 20k trees and keep fining ones i forgot about now mature and producing mast.. lol  deer are always a problem ,giant fuzzy long legged rats that eat everything.. 

Refound a crabapple orchard i planted 10 years ago now 6 to 8ft tall and producing fruit this past fall.  Now to go on and release the trees and protect the trunks from brush and seedling encroachment  15 trees in about a 30 yard circle planted after a clear cut and forgotten about until theu are now producing.. planting in tops saved them im sure as it kept deer browse pressure down.