"NOLS" Fry-Bake Pan

Salmon_Run

If weights not an issue, I would go with a cast iron dutch oven. Been around for a long long time and still very versatile. Even a Lodge is less then $100.

I'm not sure of your intended purpose, but something like this can be used to bake in:

https://www.amazon.com/Firebox-Quart-5-5-Billy-Can/dp/B01LWLU5MJ

The lid secures inside and if you put it on it's side and add a small ss sheet to fit inside it acts like a mini oven.

That right there is pretty darn cool !!

It would be for canoe tripping so weight isn't a game stopper, but not looking to carry cast iron around as I do portages also. Looking for cookware for more "home made" meals and some light baking on 0 days at a camp site.

Thanks for the info as it's greatly appreciated..

Dan 

14 hours ago, Salmon_Run said:

That right there is pretty darn cool !!

It would be for canoe tripping so weight isn't a game stopper, but not looking to carry cast iron around as I do portages also. Looking for cookware for more "home made" meals and some light baking on 0 days at a camp site.

Thanks for the info as it's greatly appreciated..

Dan 

That billy pot should work fine. You can get a small bread pan that can fit inside as well, that or the sheet of SS would be ideal. You just have to remember to cook over hot coals and not flame, and check it often- corn bread burns fast with this method of baking. If you choose not to add the small pan just fold up some heavy duty foil to make the pan and your all set.

• Like 1