Storing hunting clothes during the season

luberhill

8 hours ago, knehrke said:

I use Remington gasketed bins and an ozone generator off eBay that I run in the bed of my truck with the cap closed for ten minutes a few times a season. But I sometimes get busted when deer are close and downwind. I'm not sure there's any measure of scent control that will routinely prevent that from happening.

I believe the deer have evolved quite a bit . Back in the 60's I never did anything for scent control . Had doe come within 15 - 20 yards from me standing on the ground ( and no party doe permit ) . Then in the late 70's I started using wooden tree stands and the deer never looked up . Now they look up , sniff the air and we get busted if the wind is wrong .

I turn the covered porch into the hunting lodge this time of the year. Hang the clothes and keep all the gear out there. Wash in scent free detergent and use earth scented dryer sheets. The biggest problem I have is remembering to shake things out before putting them on. Damn stink bugs get in everything.

Haha I do the same thing with the covered porch it drives my wife nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/3/2021 at 7:31 PM, 46rkl said:

I turn the covered porch into the hunting lodge this time of the year. Hang the clothes and keep all the gear out there. Wash in scent free detergent and use earth scented dryer sheets. The biggest problem I have is remembering to shake things out before putting them on. Damn stink bugs get in everything.

The Stink Bugs might make a cover scent ! :taunt:

• Haha 1